Thursday, June 12, 2008

Road Trip ~ Day 3

Day 3 ~ We spend most of this day driving....from Colorodo Springs to Sheridan, Wyoming. It was an ok day. We got to see some cool stuff while driving. We did have to spend some time entertaining Sydney but she's a trooper so she did pretty well. This is a picture of Castle Rock as we drove through Colorado. Caren was snapping all kinds of pics for her friend who used to live here but I especially liked this one and the one of Denver. I could probably live here if need be....


Mom had to spend some time entertaining Sydney. This particular time was listening to the howling monkey that Sydney "borrowed" from Grandpa's house. Yes....I was so tired of hearing that stupid monkey....




We also had our very first trip to McDonalds with Sydney. Of course I had to let her play in the playground. At first she wasn't so sure of the tunnels. She went in a couple of inches and watched as all the other kids ran by her. After I got done eating I decided to see if she'd be interested in going a little further. So yes...I went into those tunnels...those stupid tunnels made for little children. I tell you, if you ever have to go in there bring kneepads...those things are not really made for crawling on. My knees were sore by the end of it. Well, thanks to mommy, Sydney now has no fear for those tunnels. We went all the way to the top and Sydney found the cubbie that had a steering wheel where she could pretend to drive her car. We tried waving at Grandma and Aunt Caren but they weren't paying attention. And last, of course, we went down the slide together. I don't think she's quite ready to go down alone, but she seemed to like it with me...she would try to climb back in from the bottom after we slid down.
Of course, silly me had to make a blonde moment mistake...We left McDonalds to head off and about 10 minutes down the road Caren asked for her jacket cause she was a little cold. I told her to use my jacket right there on the back seat...well...there was no jacket..I had left it at McDonalds....doh!
So, I found a place to turn around and drove back hoping that no one had taken my jacket. Luckily it was still there...so much for those 20 min of driving...here we go again! lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment